Master of Advanced Studies (MAS)
«Transitions and innovations in European territories:
environment andpost-anthropocene landscapes »
Conceived jointly with the University of Bologna (Ravenna campus), the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) “Transitions and innovations in territories in Europe: environment and post-anthropocene landscapes” is a unique course. It offers its listeners the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary for the conduct of territorial innovation projects in Europe, focusing on the “commons” and landscapes, in the context of the “anthropocene”.
It is the first European course to train managers of public institutions, associations and companies to analyse, anticipate and influence the fundamental changes of the Anthropocene:
- climate change
- collapse of biodiversity
- digital revolution
- demographic upheaval
- social exclusion
This course is intended for auditors originating from countries of the European Union and the neighborhood of the Union, with initial training at master’s level or equivalent professional experience, coming from various academic backgrounds (law, geography , town planning, architecture, engineering, digital sciences, management, public management, human and social sciences, political sciences, European affairs, educational sciences, languages, etc.).
The Master of Advanced Studies cycle comprises modules combining formal teaching and operational applications, as well as tutored personal work for a total value of 60 ECTS.
At the end of the diploma course, holders of the Master of Advanced Studies from the European College of Cluny are able to exercise professional responsibilities or an elective mandate in charge of territorial innovation project manager or to lead a research-action project on the innovative care of “commons” and landscapes in Europe, as well as the conduct of societal transformations.
The course is sanctioned by a double recognition:
- the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) degree from the prestigious University of Bologna, the oldest university in Europe,
- the title of «Member of the European College of Cluny».
If the construction of a sustainable collective future motivates you, don’t hesitate to join us !
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of applications: before September 2, 2022
on the website of our partner, the University of Bologna: https://master.unibo.it/itinerant/it
(practical information Step by step for your inscription HERE)
How to pay scolarity?
The European College of Cluny is supported by the regional Council of Bourgogne-Franche Comté, Hippocrène Foundation, Danielle Mitterand Foundation. That allows moderating the tuition fees. But financing could still represent an obstacle.
That is why we designed our programs to be compatible with a part-time professional activity. The European College can link anybody that wish to work with our local partners: health and social institutions, craft companies, manufacturing, agricultural companies, that are in search of working force, even in part-time. Apart from the income, this professional immersion is an additional ground experience, useful for the formation.
From October 2022: Master of advanced studies (MAS): «Transitions and innovations in European territories: environment and post-Anthropocene landscapes» – Syllabus download here:
- Inaugural course and 1st teaching period at the University of Bologne, Ravenna campus
• Thinking together about the anthropocene (general introduction)
• Read the landscape
• Water, a common good
• Energy, climate: territorial management
• To welcome and incorporate
• Common goods management
- 2nd teaching period – Thematic modules, at the European College of Cluny
• Applied modern languages, introduction to the Cluny landscape (refresher course in French or English). Presentation of the actors, methods and networks of the European College of Cluny and discovery of its living lab
• Eat local
• Getting around «low carbon»
• (Re)housing the existing?
• To be protected and to protect, to be included and to include
• Entrepreneurship in the circular economy
• Living with the living
• Acting as a local, regional, national, European and global citizen
• Mobilizing the intelligence of a territory
• Connecting without excluding
• Creating a system for/through the valorisation of territorial data
• Introduction to coding
• Design of public policies
• Public service in Europe
- 3rd period: Professional immersion in territorial innovation project management:
4 months minimum between March and June, within a territorial authority, a company or an association, partner Second semestre
A formation between thematic seminars, cross-cutting courses and professional intervention within a company or a territorial community