Master of Advanced Studies (MAS)
«Transitions and innovations in European territories:
environment and post-anthropocene landscapes »
Conceived jointly with the University of Bologna (Ravenna campus), the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) “Transitions and innovations in territories in Europe: environment and post-anthropocene landscapes” is a unique course. It offers its listeners the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary for the conduct of territorial innovation projects in Europe, focusing on the “commons” and landscapes, in the context of the “anthropocene”:
- climate change
- collapse of biodiversity
- digital revolution
- demographic upheaval
- social exclusion
This course is intended for auditors originating from countries of the European Union and the neighborhood of the Union, with initial training at master’s level or equivalent professional experience, coming from various academic backgrounds (law, geography , town planning, architecture, engineering, digital sciences, management, public management, human and social sciences, political sciences, European affairs, educational sciences, languages, etc.).
The Master of Advanced Studies cycle comprises modules combining formal teaching and operational applications, as well as tutored personal work for a total value of 60 ECTS.
At the end of the diploma course, holders of the Master of Advanced Studies from the European College of Cluny are able to exercise professional responsibilities or an elective mandate in charge of territorial innovation project manager or to lead a research-action project on the innovative care of “commons” and landscapes in Europe, as well as the conduct of societal transformations.
The course is sanctioned by a double recognition:
- the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) degree from the prestigious University of Bologna, the oldest university in Europe,
- the title of «Member of the European College of Cluny».
If the construction of a sustainable collective future motivates you, don’t hesitate to join us !
More information: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications:
• 30th June 2023 for a jury reply on 17th July, 2023
• 15th August 2023 for a jury reply on 30th August 2023
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From October 2023: Master of advanced studies (MAS): «Transitions and innovations in European territories: environment and post-Anthropocene landscapes» :
- Inaugural course and 1st teaching period at the University of Bologne, Ravenna campus
• Thinking together about the anthropocene (general introduction)
• Read the landscape
• Water, a common good
• Energy, climate: territorial management
• To welcome and incorporate
• Common goods management
- 2nd teaching period – Thematic modules, at the European College of Cluny
• Applied modern languages, introduction to the Cluny landscape (refresher course in French or English). Presentation of the actors, methods and networks of the European College of Cluny and discovery of its living lab
• Eat local
• Getting around «low carbon»
• (Re)housing the existing?
• To be protected and to protect, to be included and to include
• Entrepreneurship in the circular economy
• Living with the living
• Acting as a local, regional, national, European and global citizen
• Mobilizing the intelligence of a territory
• Connecting without excluding
• Creating a system for/through the valorisation of territorial data
• Introduction to coding
• Design of public policies
• Public service in Europe
- 3rd period: Professional immersion in territorial innovation project management:
4 months minimum between April and July, within a territorial authority, a company or an association, partner Second semestre
A formation between thematic seminars, cross-cutting courses and professional intervention within a company or a territorial community